Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

God Is My Hiding Place

For Christians with a mood disorder, prayer is the tool in our toolbox of coping skills that keeps us alive.  I am learning to pray, not my words, but God's word and that has made all the difference.  For instance:

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge.  I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.                                                         Psalm 57:1

These words from the Psalmist speaks to me in a very personal way.  Where can I run?  Where can I hide from the darkness of despair and depression?  I will run to God hiding in Him until the disaster of mood swings has passed.  When I pray to God His word, prayer becomes the very hiding place of God.  I wait knowing that in Him my soul takes refuge.


Everyone has a "thorn in the flesh" and bipolar disorder seems to be one of mine.  But I trust God.  He has sent me an understanding doctor who prescribes the medications I need.  God helps me to speak words of truth to my therapist digging deep to remove thorns of untruth showing me who I am and that I am loved by God just as I am.

And He is teaching me to pray His word planting seeds that will nurture and grow me despite ugly thorns in the flesh.  God is my hiding place and prayer is the vehicle that takes me right into His presence.

To God be the Glory!  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment