Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Friday, May 6, 2011

Even Color is More Beautiful

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.         Romans 8:28

When I'm not depressed my world appears to be inundated with color.  Blues are bluer, greens are greener, white is dazzling, and red is striking, every color is more beautiful filling the earth with rainbow hues that I simply am not aware of when I fall under the darkness of depression.

But there is definitely something to be said for depression.  There are lessons to be learned from depression that can't be learned any other time.  I learn what my greatest fears are and from whence come my anxieties.  I learn to wait on the Lord knowing all good things come in His time not mine.  I learn to appreciate beauty.  This is not to say depression is enjoyable.  It most definitely is never that.  However, learning that God works ALL things for good for those of us who love Him in some strange way validates my depressed mood.

Knowing God works for my good helps me to realize the depression will lift.  The sun will come out.  Color will once again be spectacular and all my senses will be utilized in a way they are not when I'm depressed.  Learning to wait on God.  Perhaps that is one of the most valuable lessons I have learned while depressed.  The other lesson most valuable to me is understanding that faith is not a feeling.  Faith is knowing that God is who He says He is and that His promises are sure regardless of how I feel. 

God can take my faith when it is smaller than a grain of salt and give me hope that I can draw another breath.  God willing, I will live beyond this depression to see His goodness.  As the psalmist says, "Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living (Psalm 27:13).

To God be the Glory!  Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I've truly enjoyed your blog. I'm looking forward to more. I will definately reading them.

    ReplyDelete