Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Butterfly

I feel like a butterfly who has emerged from its cocoon.  The darkness has abated and the light of God's love shines brightly in my heart and soul.  Jesus is the true light who has come into the world shining His light on me (John 1:9). 

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who didn't know my mental health issues.  I've managed to hide it quite nicely, if I do say so myself  (basically by hermitizing).  At one point I finished my sentence with, "You know what I mean."  To my surprise she said, "No, I don't know what you mean."  We thanked God together that she had never experienced the deep well of bipolar, or any other, kind of depression.

I sometimes forget that not all people have bouts of depression.  For this I am thankful.  But for those of you who do know what I'm talking about you understand the beauty of color, the wonderful scent of honeysuckle, and the glorious sound of children laughing.

You understand the butterfly and its struggle to leave the darkness of the cocoon.  You understand the indescribable joy of emerging from the darkness into the light.  This is what I am experiencing now.  Thank you, Holy God, for the True light, the Light of Jesus that fills my soul and makes my heart sing.  Thank you God for reminding me over and over, "Remember in the dark what I have taught you in the light."

To God be the Glory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment