Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do we spend our energy?

In John 6:27 Jesus tells us to spend our "energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you." How much thought do we, do I, give to the way I spend my energy?

Having myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disorder that provides a limited amount of energy to my muscles, causes me to slow down and think about how I use my energy. Recovering from knee surgery adds to the low energy component. So, how can I spend my energy seeking the eternal life that only Jesus can give me?

For one thing, we all know we garner our energy from the food we eat. In this same chapter of John Jesus says, "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35). In order to seek Him I must first feed on Him for He is the bread of life. (You can see why folks in Jesus' day thought His teachings were cannabilistic).

To eat "the bread of life" is to study and learn the word of God, the Bible. Not to just know it but to hide this word in our hearts. Psalm 119:11 says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

As we grow closer to Christ the Holy Spirit will bring to our minds the Words we have hidden in our hearts. In this way God himself provides the energy we need to seek the eternal life only Jesus can give. God is the power source and God is the energy. To God be the Glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment