Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Contentment

The fig trees are budding, and the grapevines are in blossom. How delicious they smell! Yes, spring is here! Arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away.'" Song of Songs 2:13 NLT

Our deck is on the south side of our house where our garden is.  That garden receives more affection from my husband, Michael C., than I do. (Just kidding!).  He lovingly tends each tiny shoot that rears its head toward the rising sun.

Sitting on the deck yesterday with the warm breeze gently holding me captive, I looked out over the garden at the petunias growing alongside the upside down tomatoes.  The confederate jasmine mingled with the scent of honeysuckle and Georgia hedge bush pleasing my senses tremendously. 


For a moment, actually quite a few moments, I felt the very real presence of God through the joy of His creation.  Contentment---the loving sensual experience from an adoring Father---if only for a moment.

In that moment I was aware of the Holy Spirit of God, Gardner of my Soul, tending His garden within me.  For God is the Gardner and He is also the Garden.  His Holy Spirit lives within my heart nurturing, pruning,and growing me into His image.  

I pray my life will be as fragrant and smell even a tiny bit as sweet as the garden in my backyard.
|
To God be the Glory! Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment