Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Wound

When I think of the darkness within my spirit I visualize a gaping, black hole oozing blood, a wound so deep and encompassing I didn't even know it was there. It had become such a part of me that I was completely unaware of its presence. I'm not sure what the catalyst was that awakened within me the presence of this wound. I only know that I feel it now. Not feeling is better for the short term. But I need to feel it for the long term.

When I picture this black hole I realize that Jesus is there. It's His blood covering the pain from the wound because He lives in my heart. He upholds me with His mighty right hand. It is Christ that wants to heal me and shows me I need to be healed. This is a tough journey. But not too tough knowing He will never, ever, leave me nor forsake me. "For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13 NLT).

Writing this blog is cathartic for me but extremely difficult. I'm a very private person and find it hard to share my innermost thoughts and feelings. I do this in the hopes that in some way God will be glorified. All I really want to do is tell people about Jesus. He loves us all so much. I'm so thankful to You, Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment