Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Sing a New Song

“And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.” ~ Psalm 40:3


I sing a new songI do a new thing.  Now I work a part time job that I love and has been sent to me straight from God.  No longer do I suffer with bipolar disorder...I recover from it.  The road to recovery requires me to make choices to recover and to do those things that are good for me.  I sing a new song.  I travel a new path praising my God all the while.

Through the goodness of a friend, I discovered Peer Support and the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network.  Working at the Center, we focus on wellness and recovery, not on illness.  There I find people like me where we do not have to hide who we are.  We welcome the integration of all parts of ourselves, the well parts and the sick parts.  We are on the road to recovery and all that entails.

I have made many friends finding the strength within myself to share those less lovely parts of who I am.  Without judgement we accept each other.  I sing a new song and travel a new path.  

I have chosen the road less traveled and that has made all the difference!

To God be the Glory!  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment