Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation and the Boundaries of God

I was there when he set the clouds above, when he established the deep fountains of the earth.  I was there when he set the limits of the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth's foundations,  I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence.  And how happy I was with what he created -- his wide world and all the human family!                                                                                                                      Proverbs 8:28-31 NLT  Enjoying a much needed vacation with my husband, we sat at the water's edge taking in the blue, cloudless sky with the sea lapping at our feet.  The ocean breeze was just enough to keep us cool.  We had rented an umbrella and chair from the vendor on the beach and had decided that "God was in His heaven and all was right with the world." It was Sunday, the day of rest and worship.What better way to worship Him than to spend a day on the beach reflecting on all that He had created!  I worshipped as I watched children of all ages run and play their sweet hands shaping castles in the sand.  Couples strolled on the beach holding hands simply enjoying the day, the view, and each other.

Fathers and sons attempted to surf in the crashing waves and were, for the most part, impressively successful.  The ice cream truck drove up and down the beach selling delicacies to the tune of "Three Blind Mice."  We watched sea gulls dive bomb into the ocean fishing for their next meal and perhaps just to show off a little bit.  Michael C. and I even had our own picnic lunch on the beach consisting of sandwiches and humus.  Man, was it good!  On this vacation Sunday my darling husband and I truly worshipped our Creator.  We delighted in all that He has made.  Even as I contemplated the vastness of the relentless sea I was reminded that it is people that God loves most of all.  It is people that God sent His son, Jesus, to rescue.    The earth drowns in the ravages of sin but Jesus came to die on a cross to rescue us from sin.  Jesus rose from the dead conquering sin so that by believing in Him we too conquer sin and can live forever with Him.  As amazing and awesome as the ocean is  it doesn't even compare to what Jesus did and is doing for His greatest creation---people.   This Sunday I worshipped my Lord with my husband while God reminded me that He loves His all His wonderful creation, especially you...and me.   To God be the Glory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment