Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Life Based on Trust

Today's devotional from Grace for Each Moment reflects on trusting God in the darkness, that our faith is not based on the way we feel.  Our faith is based on Jesus Christ.  Read the following:

I have learnt to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.           Philippians 4:11-12


   As a follower of Christ you have powers at your disposal that enable you to tackle life positively and constructively.  Remember that dynamic discipleship is based on faith that finds expression in deeds, not in feelings.  Focus on the fact that God loves you, even though you might be experiencing the darkest time of your life.
   Acknowledge the fact that He will never leave you, even though you may not be able to feel His presence right now.  If your life is based on your faith in 'Christ, your confidence will increase and you will overcome every feeling o inferiority.  There will be no situation that you will not be able to handle through Christ's wisdom and power.


I thank You, Lord Jesus, that I can start every day with confidence because I find my strength in You.  Amen.

The text tells us to focus---focus on God's love as the deed, or the action, to take versus the feeling of despair. We often think of doing good deeds for others.  Perhaps today the good deed we do should be to simply focus on how much God loves us.  Focus---tell yourself---God loves me.  Christ died for me.  Find a Bible verse that resonates God's love for you and pray it over and over.  Perhaps John 3:16 prayed this way:

For God loved me so much that He gave His only begotten Son, that if I believe in Him, I shall not perish but have everlasting life.

I have gained so much insight from Grace for Each Moment.  I included a link in this post in case any of you would like to order it.   Grace for Each Moment has been a daily blessing and inspiration for me.

To God be the Glory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment