Today's Minute Moment Verse

Praise be to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Praying the Armor of God

In the past I have blogged about remembering in the dark (the darkness and agitation of bipolar disorder) what Jesus has taught me in the light.  Part of what I have learned in the light is to speak God's word daily and to clothe myself in His mighty armor.

We, Christians, are in a spiritual battle.  In the New Testament book of Ephesians, Paul, tells us that to fight this battle we must be clothed in the armor of God  (Ephesians 6:10-20).  Therefore, I pray the word, clothing myself in His mighty armor using His own word, the Sword of the Spirit, which is sharper than any two-edged sword, as my defense.

Sweet Lord, I pray, clothe me in your mighty armor:  the helmet of salvation, the belt of truth, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, and the sword of the spirit.  That I might stand strong in the faith and do everything in love.

If I have blogged this before and you find me redundant please forgive me.  I feel so strongly about being prepared in God's word that I felt the need to write this again.  If you have not read this recently then, well, there you go.

To God be the Glory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment